Sunday, June 26, 2011

Timing is Everything

(Written Saturday, June 25, 2011)

Beginning this blog has been my first long-over-due step toward starting a website and blog to share my love of food and life with others, that I wanted to develop well over two years ago.  At that time I started working on ideas and decided upon a name of the website and I also started working with a developer. Unfortunately, we never moved beyond the planning phase and then the website got moved to the back burner of the goals I had at the time. Well, I do believe that timing is everything because I was recently introduced to a wonderful and talented woman who does graphic and website design who is going to help me finally make the website a reality - meeting with her enlightened me that the person I was working with before was not the right fit - which is probably why the website never materialized - I wasn't working with the right person and it was not the right time.  Because the idea has been swirling around in my head for so long, that I am finally going to see it's creation - it is difficult for me to truly capture in print how excited I am for this to finally happen! Having the website will allow me to do much more with how the blog and site will visually look and not be limited by what "Blogger" templates are available for me to use (which are great) - so this truly is a very exciting step!

What is interesting about me taking the website step this time is that the blog has been the catalyst to push me forward into action.  I basically jumped in with the blog because I knew I needed to stop waiting to share my love of food and life with others and because I didn't know how or when the website would all work out. So beginning the blog was the easiest way to get myself moving...and I am so glad I did!  The whole process of thinking about what I will share, planning, baking, cooking, photographing, writing, have truly been a fantastic and fun experience! And the feedback from friends and family has been so wonderful to receive as well! I love that friends are trying recipes (with success!) and connecting with some of the thoughts I've shared so far...I am so honored and so blessed.

The only tiny bit sad part is that "Dinner on the Porch," which I came up with just for the blog, is not available as a website.  It's only a tiny bit sad because the name of the website is really just as dear to me...  www.Lifeonaplate.com.  There is nothing located there at present, but eventually that is where my blog will be located as well as other fun food and life stuff I'll be sharing. For now, "Dinner on the Porch" will remain the location of my blog and I will probably find some way to work it into the website...it will be fun to see how everything turns out. I just wanted to share that changes are on the horizon and that I hope you'll stay with me through the process and enjoy it with me! I am very excited!

Well, I have to get back to some baking tonight. I've already ruined one attempt at dough for the crust of a Quiche Lorraine so there won't be any pictures of that debacle to share. Yikes! (update: 2nd attempt was a success!) The quiche is for a brunch we are having tomorrow with a few neighbors celebrating the 70th birthday of one of them...Angelos, we call him the Mayor of Allston Street because he and his wife have lived in their home across the street from ours for almost 30 years!  I look forward to sharing more about our sweet guests and tomorrow's brunch in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment